Here are some quick tips that have helped me with Cali and Gianna:
- Offer grab and eat pieces while spoon feeding to keep them engaged and to avoid having them grab at the spoon.
- Provide small amounts of food, and add to their plate as needed. Putting too much on their high chair or plate can overwhelm them.
- Be flexible and follow their cues so that you can adapt your strategy and have a better experience the next time.
- Variety! Allow them to explore and develop that baby palate early on.
- Try to have a meal as a family so they can see their parents eat as well.
- If you’re considering Baby Led Weaning, you have to check out this post by my mama friend Dana. She answers all your questions!
- Have fun!